Investment – the act of investing, or state of being invested.
Over time, it has slowly evolved from being just an individual having a keen eye, to becoming even more than an art. The mastery of the art of placing capital in an expectation of deriving income or profit from its use. Such art requires peculiar skill, one which is very rare to find.
The world we live in is a real-estate driven economy from top to bottom – Christopher Thomberg.
Real Estate cannot be lost or stolen, nor can it be carried away. Purchased with common sense, paid for in full, and managed with reasonable care, it is about the safest investment in the world. It requires no orchestrated stroking of a brush to produce a valuable piece of art. Whatever the stroke, that is the price – extremely valuable.
In any market, in any country, there are developers who make money, but there will always be people who make money because people always want homes. And money only ever gravitates in the direction of constantly requested services or provided value, and if you’re still in doubt of the potential wealth-generation machine that real estate could be, here’s a draft timeline and estimate for what real estate used to look like.
- A plot of Land in Lekki and environs was not even available. It was all forest and bushes
- Probably sold for 2 thousand per plot, or some other ridiculous price.
- Plot of land in Lekki and environs sells for between 10 thousand and 30 thousand Naira.
- Plot of land in Ikoyi, same thing.
- Plot of land in Ikoyi, Lekki, VI and other environs starts from 5 – 15 Million Naira
- Plot of land in Ikoyi, Lekki, VI and other environs starts from 20 – 100 Million Naira
- Plot of land in Lekki and environs goes for between 100 Million – 700 Million Naira
- Ikoyi, VI and environs; Land sells for triple the above price.
- Ikoyi, VI and environs. Land now sells for billions of naira
THE BIG QUESTION: What constantly needed service are you placing capital in with an expectation of deriving income? What are you investing in?
The major fortunes in America, and the world, have been made in real estate – John D Rockerfeller.